Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Everything happens for a reason

I believe that. I really, really do. Things happen for a reason and while you may question what has happened, eventually, you see the reason behind it.

A few weeks ago, I got to work, started my morning out like I always do, make coffee, get water, check my lotto numbers and look at http://www.petfinder.com/
Holy cow!! There was a year and a half old Brittany, up for adoption at a shelter in Dahlonega, just 20 minutes from the office. Started my work for the day but kept thinking of her, so I called, only to find out that a woman had taken her home the night before! I was SO disappointed, especially after the volunteer at the shelter told me about her. I left her all my contact info and told her that if it didn't work out to please call me. She had never had a Brittany before and to take one home that is that young.... Well, if you ever met Ri when she was that age, all I can say she was lucky she was so darn cute, cause she was a handfull!!

So fast forward a couple of weeks.

We really thought Joe's surgery was going to be pretty routine. Reminder to self: There is no routine surgery!! Licking out the middle stitches complicated matters. The boy cannot take pain meds and had a really rough go of it. Luckily, Clark didn't give up on him or he wouldn't be laying in a cookie crumb filled bed at the office.


I am glad he's still here, and I am not complaining about the extra care that he requires, it just makes me stop and say


Everything happens for a reason!
Thank God we didn't have 18 month old Molly trying to integrate into the pack.

No comments: