Here is a picture of a very obnoxious woman and her equally loud entourage.
I have been to many concerts and music festivals over the years, to name a few U-2, The Cult, Drivin' & Crying, Sugar, Siouxsie and the Banshees, REM, Glen Campbell, even Lollapalooza with the Smashing Pumpkins. Probably the most irritated I had ever gotten at a show was at a Dave Matthews show at Lakewood Amphitheater when there was a group of punks too lazy to go the restroom and they were just peeing out amongst the crowd!
I would have never guessed I would have had a problem at a Willie Nelson show at the Hiawassee Fairgrounds!! Small venue, inside on a rainy night, no alcohol being sold, only ice cream and concessions, so you would think that people would be pretty well behaved. Not this heifer.
She and her group were loud before the show started, talking about nothing in particular but loud enough for anyone in Towns County to hear them. When the music started, we kept thinking she'd zip it, but instead, her volume just increased. I turned around a few times and just looked at them, without saying anything. The longer Clark & I are married, the more alike he and I are becoming. Just when I was about to explode on her, I hear him say, quite exasperated, "MA'AM, could you PLEASE quiet down so we could enjoy the show??" or something to that effect. BUT, he was polite, you could just hear the frustration in his voice!
She shut up for maybe a minute, then it was time for snide comments about the noise police following her wherever she went and so on. We all tried to tune her out and enjoy the music, because it was Willie FREAKING Nelson!
Well, she kept on, and I had been thinking about how to handle it without going to jail. I decided to take a picture of her and while she did smile for me, after she thought about it, she's was like, what are you going to do with my picture? To which I replied, "You'll be in the newspaper next week!" I had turned the tables and she started talking about suing me if it was in the paper and how she knew politicians, yada yada, next thing I knew, she was gone!
We enjoyed the last bit of the show and got the last laugh on her. I wonder how many weeks she'll pick up the Towns County paper to see if she's in there!!
2 comments:
Let's try that again.
If the noise police are following her around maybe she get a clue that she is too loud.
Don't get in trouble until the 19th, OK? That's swearing-in day.
Post a Comment