I bought some new shorts the other day and before I wore them, cut off the price tag, the waist band size tag and the little plastic bag with a spare button in it. I tossed the button bag into a tray on my dressing table and noticed a pile of other bags containing a button.
These shorts and most of my other shorts and pants have an internal button that I don't even use. They have metal slides inside that nobody sees that work good to fasten the shorts so I don't ever button them. Why bother, they are held securely enough with the slides!
Shirts also come with extra buttons. I have never lost a button off a shirt, yet I keep tossing bag after bag of buttons into a heap. Why?
Truth be known, if I were to lose a button, could I actually even locate the right button for the job?
I am really surprised manufacturers haven't thought of the extra button elimination as a way to save money. Shhhh, nobody tell China!!
9/11 memorials of New York City
-
I found and photographed hundreds of 9/11 memorials while walking every
block of NYC. Taken together, they offer a window on a city trying to come
to ter...
1 comment:
I think Martha is behind all the extra buttons:
http://tinyurl.com/4vgvld
(I love this project!)
Post a Comment