Dear Publix Bag Men & Women,
The whole reason I bought your 99 cents reusable grocery bags was to stop using paper and plastic bags in my efforts to help reduce waste in the landfills.
When I show up at the store with these bags, please do not try to put any magazines or cold items into plastic!
The last several times I have been at Publix, the baggers have tried to supplement my reusable bags with plastic and paper ones.
The woman last night aggrevated me. I have been trying to keep my good karma going by not snapping peoples heads off, regardless of if they deserve it or not.
After asking the bagger politely not to put my magazine into a separate bag, she asked me if I was sure. AM I SURE?!?!? WTF... That hit my button! So, I looked at her and said, you know, the whole reason I bought these, holding up a reusable bag, was to eliminate using those!
She said, well, I don't like my magazines in with my groceries! I said, I don't mind, just put it in there, OK!?!?
9/11 memorials of New York City
-
I found and photographed hundreds of 9/11 memorials while walking every
block of NYC. Taken together, they offer a window on a city trying to come
to ter...
3 comments:
Have you taken your reusable bags to Target yet? Even though they sell the bags at Target, they still act like you're from Mars when you want to use them. Hilarious.
Tote bag Karma question....Can you take your Publix bag in to Target? Or your Target bag in to Walgreens? or Your Wlagreens bag into Walmart? I think if I start buying the individual bags for each of the stores I will end up with a F-150 full of bags and no place to put the purchases. AND are single white guys cool when they have the bags or do wwpomen look at them funny? Just curious....
Haven't been to Target lately (!) But will test out the theory.
Wal-Mart lady looked at me like it was a bother for her to use them.
Fred, its ok to use any bag anywhere. The whole key is to cut down on the throw aways. There are plenty of plain canvas/cotton bags out there that don't advertise for places, I just bought the Publix once cause they were there.
Post a Comment