Thursday, August 7, 2008

Eco-Friendly

Somebody sent me an email the other day about plastic shopping bags, had lots of photos of them and the destruction they create in the environment and to wildlife. We have always recycled the bags, but with the costs associated with that, its a no win situation, so are breaking our dependence on them and have bought some reusable bags at Publix. They are really nice and roomy and easier to carry in then the plastic ones. Our entire week's shopping fit in four bags.

I used one of the totes to bring some things to the office Monday morning. After packing it all up, I noticed that the stitching is coming out, so I will have to bust out my sewing box to fix it.

I guess when we bought them for 99 cents each, it stood to reason that they were made in China!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Target has some very nice ones as well. I keep them in the car and use them all the time although I still need some plastic bags for dookie duty.

pedalista said...

Whoever thought up the reusable bag for .99 is a freaking genius. If you get 1/2 the people who shop on board you just cut 1/2 of you bag expense off the bottom line AND you got the customer to foot the bill for the reusable bags. But I do like how Publix is selling the black version now. I wouldnt buy the green one, it is a little too girlie, but the black ones can be called Hipster, so i might have to break down and get some.....