
Halloween is for kids. I love seeing the little ones all dressed up in costume. We used to get kids back when we first moved into our house, so we bought candy, usually at Sam's Club, so we had plenty of leftovers. Recent years have seen us having one or two kids stop by, usually not in costume.
The last thing we need at our house is leftover candy, so we didn't buy any this year.
Clark was working in the yard Halloween night, so I had the flood lights on and noticed a few kids walking the road behind our fence, so I rambled thru the pantry and came up empty! No candy in the house, save one Reese's from Valentine's Day.
We have plenty of energy bars that came from races and rides, so I gathered up the ones we weren't crazy about.
We had exactly two kids, grade schoolers, no costumes. So when I gave then each a Power Bar Fruit Smoothie bar (gag!), I didn't feel bad, not one bit! I was quick to drop it into their bags so they probably thought they got a full size candy bar! The one lil boy had an apple and an orange in his bag, so he might have caught another household on the unawares that night!!
No comments:
Post a Comment