
We have yearly shredding done at the office & all of that paper is recycled. However, as we were packing up, we came across a large amount of paper that needed to be shredded.
Instead of burning up our shredder, we opted to go old school and burn it up. Not necessarily the best thing for the environment, but I was careful not to burn any plastic.
Maybe I have some male tendencies, but dang, I love to burn stuff! Check out this flame that we had coming out of the chimminery!!
On the recycling note, here in White County, both plastics 1 and 2, tin cans, aluminum to include clean foil and pie plates, newspapers, magazines and corrugated are all recycled. The one thing that isn't recyclable here is glass. However, after looking online, Hall County, recycles glass, so we may just stockpile it and make a monthly trip down to keep it out of the landfill.
1 comment:
WOW! That's quite a flame!
As far as recycling glass goes, I know the place we go loses money on it but it ends up in road paving materials. This is my favorite use of recycled glass (did I send you this before??):
http://www.vetrazzo.com/
Post a Comment