Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hard livin'

Its been a tough adjustment, moving from Albany to Sautee.

Take last night, for instance. It started snowing late yesterday afternoon, just flurries, no accumulation. Just awful!

Came home from work and played with the hounds outside, then drove thru the ghost town of Helen to the package store to get some wine to go with our leftover puntenesca sauce. Oh yeah, and we were out of garlic bread, so I had to make some crescent dough pesto roll ups to go with dinner. Tough times.

Came home with said wine, ate dinner, and after letting the food settle a bit, trekked thru the warehouse, aka, basement out to the hot tub. Boxes everywhere still Oh my.... The wind was really blowing hard and it was 24 degrees out.

To stay warm, we had to stay way down in the water. I know, I know, HOW did we survive?? The evaporation from the hot tub was freezing and blowing back on any exposed parts! Getting out of the hot tub into the nighttime breeze and running back thru the basement, boy it was TOUGH! Especially with a lil wine buzz.

I sure hope that we can survive up here in the mountains!!

No comments: