After watching the Kentucky Derby Saturday and seeing a horse fall that had to be euthanized right then and there on the track due to compound fractures on both front ankles, I wanted to know more about race horses.
Race horses are a lot more expensive then racing greyhounds. But, are they treated any better?
http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/other_sports/horse_racing/view.bg?articleid=1091932
Doesn't sound like it.
9/11 memorials of New York City
-
I found and photographed hundreds of 9/11 memorials while walking every
block of NYC. Taken together, they offer a window on a city trying to come
to ter...
1 comment:
That poor horse. I have been on the fence about busting on horse racing but to be honest I think the only difference between it and dog racing is the money. Oh, and horses get sent to slaughter and eaten instead of to the backwoods for a bullet to the head. Yeah, much better than dog racing.
Post a Comment