Wednesday, May 7, 2008

No recession in the politics business







"Hillary Clinton narrowly won Indiana and loaned $6.4 million out of her own pocket to help keep her struggling campaign alive.. The loan more than doubles Clinton's personal investment in her bid for the Democratic nomination. She gave her campaign $5 million earlier this year."

And Obama is raising and spending more then Hil on his campaign. All this money spent on the road to the White House while everyday Americans are worrying about putting gas in their vehicles to get to work to put food on the table and keep a roof over their head.

I am sick of the campaign and the gross amounts of money spent by all the candidates. Politics are a rich man's sport and if citizens really believe that any of the candidates are going to help them once they get in office, they are pretty naive. They are in it to put money back in their pockets and also back sure the special interest groups that got them elected are taken care of.

Look at the price of gas and who's in the White House now.

4 comments:

Clark said...

Just wait til the Democrats actually pick a candidate - then the money spending and the smear campaigns played out on national television start in earnest. Oh I can hardly wait - maybe I'll sneak back to World of Warcraft once that starts. I don't know if I can stomach the ad campaigns on TV during Law & Order...

pedalista said...

Stick to the more obscure cable channels or Tivo everything and fast forward thru the commercials.

Felicia said...

Speaking of ads messing up tv..where's the Law & Order Channel already?!

Betsy said...

I am with you on the obscene amount of money being spent on this (or any) campaign. Politicians are just rich folk helping other rich folk. Felicia remarked on one of her visits that GWB should visit places like Detroit to see where the money needs to be spent instead of Iraq. Problem is that we don't have oil in Detroit, just salt mines.

And hell yeah on the L&O Channel!