Last week, my big man Joe went in for a dental and had 4 teeth extracted. They must have really bothered him, he is so happy now, and even does helicopter tail, which is new!! His breathe is amazingly fresh too, so he must have had some rotten teeth for awhile.
The vet ran pre-surgery tests make sure Joe was up for the anesthesia and found his kidney function slightly elevated, so he recommended switching his food to Hill's k/d Prescription Diet food. Joe likes it just fine, but its not as filling as his old chow. The protein content of the new food is 12 percent versus 26 percent of his previous, so I am serving him up a bigger volume of food so that he won't steal what I try to eat!
Last night I checked out the ingredients to find out where the protein is coming from.. Winds up its from pork fat! I have always told the dogs they are Jewish and can't eat pork. I guess Joe is one of those new fangled Jews that believe in Jesus and eat bacon.
9/11 memorials of New York City
-
I found and photographed hundreds of 9/11 memorials while walking every
block of NYC. Taken together, they offer a window on a city trying to come
to ter...
No comments:
Post a Comment