I decided to head north to check out the foliage at Tallulah Falls.


There is a fantastic, cushy walking trail along the northside of the trail, part of it using old tires that had been chipped up and made into a trail, the rest of it freshly chipped mulch from trees on the land. I took these pictures of the gorge but forgot to take one of the rusting metal tower that Karl Wallenda had used to walk across the gorge back in 1970.
It was so nice out I decided to walk to the suspension bridge & enjoy the view from there.

That crazy blue haze in the pictures is a reflection from the iPhone case if you're wondering...
I think it was something like 310 stairs to get to the bridge. Going down the stairs was not challenging, so after taking some pictures and just soaking in the tranquility of it all, I walked across the swaying bridge and took the 347 stairs up to the south rim.It was most definately harder, but I made it back up and sat outside to enjoy my sandwich.
It was a spectacular day to be at Tallulah Falls!

-- Posted from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment